Sunday, January 6, 2013

hello 2013, I'm hanging in there

~~~~~HAPPY NEW YEAR~~~~~
hope everyone's new year has started off well,
if not let's hope it'll only get better.....I'll be hopeful right there
with ya!!!
WELL I feel like I don't have much to write about this week, but I'm sort of forcing myself
to TRY..... I always feel better, after I "talk about" whatever is deep down inside, bugging me....Even if it IS just me "unloading.....It's better than keeping it all inside......
~~~
I had  a good talk with my boss last week... About the upcoming year, and making more money. He thanked me once again, for hanging in there, and working so hard, really caring/taking care of the customers. It's so weird for me, to be on "this" side of the fence, where I'm totally ''comfortable" with my job...
there was a time where I ALWAYS felt like I was one screw up away from getting fired!!! And, even when I was in the carpenter's union, you could be laid off at any time... Things were pretty well "under control" back then,  I would say I was more of a 'functional addict'
to be perfectly honest,,, I've been fired a time or two, over the years.....
and, I've just "walked off" jobsites. Never to return again!
It's just really nice to KNOW, without a doubt I have work, as long as the business does.
I do care, how things go, I like what I do, and even the customers. Sure there are days that are crappy,,,, of course.I try to remind myself often, that it could always, always be worse.....
Things are tough financially right now.... The garnishment, is doing us NO FAVORS..... for instance, my two-week check, after paying our "past due/must pay before kid is dropped off again" balance, I HAD  $150 left......
No good..... and Mike's paychecks just went from every week, to every OTHER week.... We knew that was coming, his boss let him know a few weeks ago, that after January 1st, that was going to change... and Im even "okay" with it, it will be easier to pay the bigger bills, with more money at a time....
but the FIRST wait, is going to be ROUGH......
I was very hopeful his  payday would be the opposite week(s) of MY payday, but of course, that's not how it's going to work out... we will have to get better at budgeting money for two weeks :-0
we'll figure it out, we always do..
 I know it WILL get better.... We are definitely filling bankruptcy after we file taxes. and that garnishment will stop IMMEDIATELY.....
I'm definitely ready for THAT....... And, I don't even know if we'll get a refund this year, since this is the first time we'll be filing with both of us working, since 2007 I think.....having the preschool/daycare (500+ per month)to write off, will help,, fingers crossed!!!
~~~
My son,,, wow,,,, he sure is getting smarter and smarter every single day!!!
he loves to give me instructions on how to drive and everything now!!!
I can't hardly believe it.... I made a right turn on a red light (after I looked of course) and HE said, "mommy you need to stop at the red light"
I tried explaining, I'm not sure how much "got through" but I have to try, right? He's growing every day, with his language and I swear his pronunciation and everything has gotten better just in the last couple of weeks.............. Next we have to get him OUT of our bed!!!!  :-)
~~~
This tuesday, I have a dentist appointment... My upper plate, needs another soft (temporary) reline....
The dentist told me last summer, to wait at LEAST a year,to get the      'hard reline' or permanent reline.......   the soft one, is just like a coating they put in there, it shapes to your gums, and then "hardens" over about 5 minutes.... he said at the appointment I had in August, the temporary one, is only going to last maybe 3-4 months. Well, it's been almost six, so that's good!!! When I called to make the appointment, I was talking to the office lady, she says, also keep in mind when you get the hard reline done, you'll be WITHOUT your teeth for 3-4 DAYS!!!!!!!!
I was absolutely shocked.......
I said, this is the FIRST IM HEARING ABOUT that!!
she says, yes, well it takes time for the acrylic to 'cure' and all that......
WELL I'm sooo NOT okay with going ''without'' them,,, for
ANY amount of time, let alone FOUR DAYS!!!!
so, I may be just BUYING a second "back up set".....
It's that important.... I'll be asking Tuesday, how much it would be to do that. I mean if it's like $500 or so, I think It would be VERY much worth it.... I've been reading all kinds of stuff online,
it says more than once,
people with dentures, YOUNGER than 40 should have an EXTRA SET, and ESPECIALLY ACTIVE people younger than 40.... In case of an accident ,,, of ANY KIND!!! I could fall at work, or get hit in the face with anything.....
I'd rather HAVE THEM and NOT need them, then not have them and need them.... and I think you'd call my 'average day' pretty damn active....
On another note,
there is a denturist that comes in from Portland twice a week, and will do a permanent reline for $400..... In ONE day....
I would have to have two appointments overall, the first one so he plan/figure out whatevers got to be done. then the next week, I'd drop off my plate first thing in the morning, return at the end of the day and get them.....
I'm OKAY with that. I'd take the DAY OFF from work and hang out at home.....
there's no way I'm going to work, with no teeth in my mouth. there's just NO WAY I'm walking around town like that, now......
yes, my teeth may have been rotten before and all that, but it didn't look like I had NO teeth at all.....  See,the thing is, now that my gums have shrunk a lot, even when my mouth's closed, you can tell there's no teeth there..(I mean with the plate out). or anyone who was paying attention could......
On top of that, it's not just how I look,
it's my self confidence, it's like just taking that away.... Plus what would I eat for 3-4 days?
your gums become SO sensitive, I can't have ANY food in between my plate and gums, it feels like a chunk of gravel and hurts like hell  when I do.......
I can only imagine what it would be like trying to actually chew something, ANYTHING.......
I've thought about it a whole bunch.... believe me. My son is about the only one that's seen me without them, except people at the dentist office, and I'm not too excited about changing that......ever!.....
I'll know more tuesday....
Obviously this is like 8 months into the future. and I do have time to plan ahead, maybe even by getting the extra set.
That's about all I got for today.....
I'm hanging in there.
Sometimes on by a thread, but hanging in there, none the less.
All my other fellow ex-junkies, you can do it, too.
it is definitely possible...............
AND totally worth, ALL the hard work!!!!









 

No comments:

Post a Comment