Sunday, October 21, 2012

Death of a laptop+Me VS. the New washer

I'm writing today,
from a NEW computer...............
The other one, was sitting on the back of our recliner, while I had it plugged into the printer,,,,,,,
Sam came running down the hall, and JUMPED into the chair,
LAUNCHING the laptop off the back,
it hit the wall, battery flew off, you know it was lovely!!!!
Nope,
I didn't yell, , , I calmly asked to him to be MORE careful next time,,,,
and started putting it back together. . .
this wasn't the first time it fell...... Probably more like the third.
The first time it fell, it was from the railing of our porch ON to the CONCRETE sidewalk..............I thought it was broken for sure, then.
Well, it worked fine, THAT time. . . .
This time,
NOT so lucky........... When I got it turned back on, every time I tried to open ANYTHING, it would say "program not responding"
know how irritating THAT IS??????
So, the next morning, Mike got up at like 5am, because he has to print out his "jobs" every morning, and Scan in a "driver's log"
every night, to get paid on time......................
he got it to work, somehow for long enough to print his jobs, I had scanned his report, the night before that's what I was doing when it fell.
I get home from work that night, (thursday) and SAME SHIT<<<<<
"program not responding"
ONLY this time around ,,,,, it won't even open files on the HARDRIVE!!!!!!!
I reset it, what felt like a thousand times!! I did the "system restore"
thing, let it "reconfigure all files"
EVERYTHING I could think of!!!!!!!
Still, nothing, , , , NOW, it was FREEZING up at the "welcome to windows" screen.................................
WELL,
I didn't know what else to do, but go down to the rent to own place. . . . .........  at least they have a program, where you have 150 days, or 5 months to pay the CASH price, with no interest.
so, that's what I'm gonna try to do, IF I can't get the other one fixed.
That's really what I want to do, see how much it would be to get it working again......the screen isn't broken or anything like that.
So,
that's the FIRST thing that broke...................
OUR washing machine,,,,,,,,,,
came with the house (trailer) when we bought it, ,  a pretty standard set up in manufactured homes, the washer and dryer are kind of "inset" in the long hallway, right by the bathroom.
Well, within the first few days of us moving in,,, every time we'd do a load of clothes, the "unbalanced" alarm would go off!!!!
Even if I put the clothes in there, just right, and I started only filling it half way..................
this helped, but the alarm still went off at least every other load of laundry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WELL, grandma's friend, moved down to southern oregon or something like that, with one of her kids........ She gave her washer to grandma and it was only 3 years old maybe???   Grandma said we could have that one, so yesterday since we were both over there helping her with things, we decided to take it home.
FIRST off, when we moved in the girl tells me "oh yea, the washer works GREAT"
we get it out, and underneath it LOOKS like a rat's nest???
NOPE, not a rat's nest,,,,,,, Mike and I had wooden spoons from the kitchen "just in case'' something JUMPED outta there!!!
it turned out to be TWO HUGE STUFFED BEARS, they had Shoved up UNDER the "bin" part of the washer................
do you think they KNEW there was a problem??????
LOL
Plus, they replace the floor in the hallway, we knew that, but apparently they left a big rotten spot, JUST behind the washer,,,,,, there's even a hole!!!!  So, that just made things GREAT,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
OH and let's not forget to mention, I dont know HOW you pull out a washer, and shove stuffed animals up under it, and put it BACK into five pounds of dirt/crap/dryerlint/socks/shit!!!
it looked like at least five years of shit, under there!!! and it STUNK, too.
WE get that all cleaned up...............
disconect everything, and start getting the 500 pound,, 1983 washer outta there,,,,,,,,,,
It gets stuck in the doorway,,,, and Im helping mike shove it out the door, finally it GOES,
and BAM,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, the corner board/railing from the back deck BUSTS OFF, the plywood then gives way, the washer tumbles off the porch (we're both inside the doorway, watching)  and the TOP part of the washer, the electrical stuff, BUSTS off, on its way down, finally coming to a ''rest"   in the lawn..........................
Holy hell, is right...............
(oh, it gets better)
Mike loads the new washer up on the dolly, and we go to try and get it in the door,,,,,,,,,
because of the plywood pretty much breaking thru, the "platform" for the porch is all 'tilted' back, and the washer is 'cockeyed' in the door........
WE are TRYING to get it right side up, WITHOUT falling off the back of the deck, and landing with the OLD washer................
when all of a sudden,the corner of the door frame SNAPS the drain hose off,, and of course next comes the WATER.................everywhere!!!!
for some stupid reason, this hose isn't very flexible, it's rigid, and it has  a special fitting on the end that goes into the back of the washer, it sorta "snaps" in................ So I drive down to home depot and of COURSE they say, thats a "specialty part" that you need to get from the manufacturer.......all they had was the kind that's on the OLD washer, that goes on with a pipe clamp.  Next stop, the plumbing store.....
They tell me, they have to order it AND its "about 60 bucks"
ARE you KIDDING ME????? I thought, and walked out.........
Called grandma, was talking to her, and I came up with the idea while on the phone with her, to try and "patch" it back together, with   "Gorilla Tape"        I grab some of that, , , , and do the best patch job I can. . . . I put a towel under where the hose sits, and pushed the washer into place.........
we ran a load of clothes.......... things SEEMED  "okay"
About an hour later, Mike was taking a nap so Sam and I went to the store and I put in another load of clothes........
When I got home,
OMG< < < < <    there's a half inch of water starting from behind the toilet, flowing into the bathroom, AND, the carpet's wet in front of the washer.  I sop up everything I possibly can,,,,
we put an old sock, under the fittings at where the hoses connect, just to make sure there was no leaks, too, when I put the towel behind the washer,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
the sock, is dry...............Obviously, My "McGuyver" idea, was a total BUST.    This morning, I got the model number off the back of the washer, and looked up the part online. I found it for TEN BUCKS!!!!
that's before shipping of course, so I guess when Mike gets paid this week, THAT's the first thing I'm ordering.
Put a space heater in front of the washer last night, left it all night and today the carpet is almost dry.  (whew)
WHAT a NIGHTMARE that turned out to be.
the aftermath of that is,,,,,,,
1.} Fix the washer
2.} Fix the rotted floor sometime this winter
3.}Replace the back deck,,,, NO small job,,, the porch isn't very big, but still a lot of work, "added'' to my list........
4.} how the hell am I gonna do laundry this week???
5.} OH yes, forgot about the doorjamb getting smacked, AS the 500# washer came out!!! now, the door hits about 3/4 of the way up........
LOL
Im pulling that damn washer out today, and gonna try idea # TWO
we'll see how it works out..........................
Just need something that'll work for a few days, , , it could even drip a lil bit onto a towel or something..... just DONT NEED more "gallons" of water coming out!! that's sure what it seemed like, yesterday!!
It just feels like everything that COULDA broke, DID.
I think I handled it "okay" though. . . .
My mood wasn't too great by the end of the day yesterday, after spending an hour sopping up water off the floor........
OH, and I worked yesterday.....{ended up working half a day, when I THOUGHT I'd be done in just two hours! but at least now, the customer will be able to pick up the trim Monday}.................... I usually don't have to work saturdays, but I kinda got behind this week....... I had two long lunches, One to go up to DMV and order the second transcript for my license, so I can take it to the insurance co  Monday.
My boss is HOPEFULL I  can get on the insurance..........
AND, I had another Dr.'s appointment.
It went well, I did one more test for ADHD, where the Dr. read something to me, and then asked me a question about it....... I got 3/5 right...... he said that's way better than any score I had the first time.
Next appointment, Right before My birthday!!!!
Why do birthdays come faster and faster every year?????
weird, right?????
AND, my SON will be FOUR years old, in about two months!!!!!
WOW.................cannot believe it!!!! really, it REALLY DOES fly by, as they say. . . . don't blink, that's for sure!!! now I know what everyone meant when I was a kid, and said, "when did you get so grown up, sooo fast?"     I used to think, jeez you're nutz!!!
other than the BAD LUCK I've experienced this last week, things are OK
Work is slammed, just like I like it.......
So I was thinking about this the other day,,,,,
AND, starting NEXT WEEK,,,,,,,,,,
when I write an entry on here, I'm going to start sharing a FEW stories from my PAST...............
That is ONE of the things I needed to do, with writing this blog......
according to my counselor, I need to share these things that bother me so deeply inside........................
What a perfect way to do that, without having to look face to face at a person......... IF I cry while writing, nobody will ever know, LOL
seriously, though,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
it's something I NEED to do, and I'm finally NOW, just becoming
"okay" with doing that..............
I HAD to talk about my bad luck, today!!!!!!!
So, yes definitely next week.
I'll tell them in a funny way, I will try to keep it "light" as usual...........
People say I'm a good story-teller, so I'm sure I can turn some of the negative things, into positive...................
and, some ARE just FUNNY...........but hold important lessons......
So, that's about it, for today.............. 
I'm using sam's pic from the first thing he made at preschool.....
gotta upload all my pics again....................Oh, and if I have time I'll ad later, a scan of his 'actual' school Picture!!!
Next week.........................first story, from my past, probably start with a funny one)
************THANKS for READING**********




No comments:

Post a Comment